Double Glazed Windows
Abbey Aluminium has been providing premium quality doors and windows for the Australian market for over thirty years. Unwanted or harmful noise has increasingly become part of our urban environment causing annoyance and disturbance to our lifestyle. Through considered innovation, Abbey Aluminium offers a range of windows and doors from the Elevate, Vantage ranges to assist in insulating the building envelope from unwanted noise and weather conditions. Our double glazed windows are manufactured on site to Australian Standards right here in Milperra, with the dual benefit of using the Architectural Window System (AWS) commercial frames . This makes our double glazed windows a sought after choice for anyone looking for beautiful, modern and energy efficient window solutions.
What are Double Glazed Windows?
Abbey Aluminium’s double glazed windows are specifically designed to improve the insulation and energy efficiency of a home. They work by layering two panes of glass against one another, with a layer of air in between. The whole structure is then sealed, trapping the air, which then acts as a powerful insulator against heat, cold and noise.
Why Choose Double Glazed Windows ?
There are many advantages to Abbey Aluminium Commercial Frame Double Glazed Windows which make it easier to create beautiful living spaces which meet contemporary aspirations for efficiency and comfort. They are a fantastic option for insulating your home. Most heat loss and gain comes from the windows in your home. The energy efficiency of a building is influenced by many different design aspects. Orientation, insulation, ventilation, shading, sealing and building size are all important, and all interact with each other. In the face of this complexity, double glazed windows are often touted as a key ingredient of energy efficient buildings.
Long-term cost savings. Heating and cooling your home is one of the most costly items on your energy bill, so installing Abbey Aluminium double glazed windows means you spend less money on trying to optimize the temperature of your home.
- Better acoustic insulation: Our systems are tested by the National Acoustic Laboratories to provide the highest level of assurance in their performance integrity.
- Noise Reduction: Our expectation for comfort and efficiency in our built environment is changing. Urban in-fill development, busier transportation routes and changes in the ways we use our homes are increasing our focus on achieving “acoustic comfort”. In recent years the problem of unwanted or harmful noise has become a pressing issue throughout Australia. Local governments have introduced regulations to address the problem, in some instances local municipalities have their own regulations or guidelines regarding noise abatement. The Team at Abbey Aluminium can help you choose the correct selection of window systems that can have a significant effect on the internal acoustic and weather comfort of a building.
Reduced condensation issues. Condensation can form on windows when there is a difference in temperature between the outside and inside. This condensation can leave streaks on your walls, damage paint and develop into mould, which can be difficult to eliminate. Our double glazed windows, however, reduce the likelihood of this problem.
What makes our Double Glazed Windows different?
Our double glazed windows don’t only leverage the technology of layering window panes to create strong, energy efficient structures, but each window also enjoys the advantage of being fitted with our custom aluminium frames. Our aluminium frames are made with high grade aluminium manufactured in New Zealand and combines materials that add significant benefits to our double glazed windows:
Our aluminium frames are stronger and considered more durable than other framing materials. Aluminium is a metal that doesn’t corrode, rust or warp over time. It is also extremely tough, making it the perfect material for large windows that put a lot of pressure on their frames.
Double Glazed Window Specifications:
- Commercial Frames measure 102mm x 50mm and has been designed specifically to accept 24mm Insulating Glass Units (IGUs).
- The 28mm deep glazing pocket is designed to accept thick heavy IGUs and allows glass to be installed easily with room to spare (catering for glass manufacturing tolerance).
- This deep glazing pocket provides a 12mm bite as required by the IGU manufacturers and ensures compliance with glass warranties.
- Reinforced tall glazing bead at sill tolerate high wind loads.
- True captive glazing wedge allows reglazing from inside – ideal in elevated applications.
- The captive wedge also offers increased security.
- Glazing wedges are recessed into the framing for a clean aesthetic.
- Wide range of sub-sills to cover most installations, including sub-sills with integrated nailing fin ideal for residential installations.
- Sub-head and two piece sub-jambs.
- Numerous door thresholds including weather resisting thresholds for external and internal swing doors.
- Compatible with Commercial and Architectural Series systems